User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Community of Austin
Hitchens vs Meacham: Is there a God?

I watched most of the debate/discussion on Tim Russerts CNBC interview show that featured Christopher Hitchens, author of "God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything" and Jon Meacham, author of "American Gospel" taking on the compelling question of he ages: Is there a God?

I thought it was a good debate/disucssion (i.e. each side let the other have their say without too much talking over each other, was quite and respectful, etc.). I think Mr. Hitchens won, but that is just IMHO. They repeat these shows so I hope to catch it again.

Tim Russert's show on CNBC Sept 29, 2007 Sat. 7/10p.m. Sun. 1 a.m. ET

I saw quite a bit of this and came away with the same impression. Hitchens said pretty much what he always says; what was remarkable was that there was no attempt to treat him as a freak. Both Russert and Meacham were respectful and didn't interrupt each other. The exchange was more thought-provoking than just an attempt to provoke.

bfa

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

ustream.tv

From the officers:

The next ACA Board Meeting will be Sunday, August 16th at 1pm at the ACA Library, 1507 W. Koenig Ln.

The annual ACA Bat Cruise will be Saturday, September 26 at 6pm. Order your tickets via our products page.