User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Community of Austin
God doesn't kill?

The relationship between God and man isnt quantified under the same terms as mans relationship with man. To prove the assertion that "God kills" you would have to prove that God ended the "full" existence of that which was killed. Since God relates to existence based on spiritual and the physical, killing to God is not the same as man's understanding of the human act of killing. So when an atheist tries to qualify the act of punishing the wicked in terms of murder or killing and claiming that God kills, they are contradicting the premise of existence within the boundries of "the God theology ". If you have to make a point which is based on the hypothetical that "God stories" are true and then try to uncover conundrums, you must accept the definitions within the particular religion and not contradict them or your point is a fallacy.

QUOTE - The relationship between God and man isn't quantified - QUANTIFIED means (count, enumerate, calculate, measure , compute, put a figure on, recon, tell) under the same terms as mans relationship with man. UM HUM! (THIS MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL) QUOTE - To prove the assertion that "God kills" you would have to prove that God ended the "full" existence of that which was killed. (NO YOU WOULD HAVE TO PROVE IT….SINCE NOBODY BELIEVES IT EVER HAPPENED….IT'S JUST A COLLECTION OF FAIRY TALES KNOWN AS THE BIBLE) QUOTE - but Since God relates to existence based on spiritual and the physical, killing to God is not the same as man's understanding of the human act of killing. (THE SIXTH COMMANDMENT "THOU SHALL NOT KILL.") QUOTE - So when an atheist tries to qualify the act of punishing the wicked in terms of murder or killing and claiming that God kills, they are contradicting the premise of existence within the "boundries" (BOUNDARIES) of "the God theology ". IN FACT HERE IS SOME OF THAT IGNORANT THEOLOGY - (EX 22:29 and EZEK 20:26) first born sons were sacraficed to God In (LEVIT 24:14-16) a boy was put to death for blasphemy. ( DEUT 2:34-) we took all his towns and completely destroyed them--men, women, and children. We left no survivors." There was an order to kill everyone in the seven nations of Canaan (DEUT 7:1,2; 20:16-18). ( DEUT 21:18-21) boys that were stubborn or rebellious were put to death. (EX 22:18, LEVIT 20:27) God ordered the killing of witches and wizards. In the first crusade, Christians killed tens of thousands of people they called "infidels". The Children's Crusade (1212) caused the deaths of nearly 50,000 children. Preachers sentenced to death and executed thousands during the Inquisition (1233-1834) for heresy and witchcraft. There were the Salem witch trials (1692) in America. The 17th Century Thirty Years War (Catholics vs. protestants) wiped out tens of millions in Europe. In the Taiping Rebellion in China in the 1850's a Christian cult started a war that resulted in the slaughter of twenty million people. Muslims and Christians in Bosnia reached a death toll of over 250,000. QUOTE - If you have to make a point which is based on the hypothetical that "God stories" are true and then try to uncover conundrums, you must accept the definitions within the particular religion and not contradict them or your point is a fallacy. I DON'T THINK "GOD STORIES" OR THE BIBLE HAS A SHRED OF TRUTH TO THEM. (as a matter of fact much of the Bible is counterfeit and the fairy-tales have been proven to be lies.) NEVERTHELESS….many vicious Dillard's do believe every word of the Bible is literally true, and do attack those who disagree with them.

Well, I think SMITH will SKIP this one.

First , when an atheist discusses God in terms of , he failed to etc., they are taking a hypothetical position that God exsists. Example...."Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people.". That is a question asked by atheist during their attempts to expose contradictions. This post was about a remark on the access tv show in which Jeff said.."So God failed at committing mass murder....". My point ,which you failed to stay on topic about, is "if God is capable of killing." So under the Christian theology, Jeff was incorrect at saying God kills,or failed at killing, based on how God relates to mankind. This is not an attempt at "proving" anything. This is simply a way at showing the failure of atheists to debate an aspect of the christian theology. The discussion was not at all about Christian theology, which you have attempted to deflect to. Understand? Side note...........Please show the "Proof" that you have that history and the motivation behind somebody elses actions is actually what historians say that it is. Have you ever talked to anyone who was alive 800 years ago, I notice when you want something to be true you readily accept it without challenge, So go ahead prove that you know why people behave the way that they do simply because you or they say it's so.

Once again an atheist failing to understand simple theology. The commandment is about humans taking away the "physical" aspect of existence of another human. It's within the boundaries of Christian theology that you cite this example so it must be within those definitions, not within yours or mine.

I notice that you are siting Bible passages to try and prove God ordered "the killing of".....so let me say again God doesn't relate to humankind in the way man does. So God isnt killing or asking for the killing of ,because the death of a persons soul would be the only "killing" God does. By the way are you so unable to debate something without this over emotional disposition............I never said I was a Christian or for that matter a theologist of any sort. Why the assumption?

thanks for spelling correctons now can you teach me how to type and think at th same time.... lol

Why the huge rant about Bible passages when the subject was about the failure of atheists to debate "God ,(christian},theology." while staying within the definitions of that theology ?

Its way to late at night for me to be doing this......lol

back after playing poker. Isnt the statement "mass murder" a quantification.When Jeff said God failed at "mass murder" was this a quatification. So saying quantify was applicable. Or not . anyway........

Your arguments are AMAZING! I hope you play poker as well as you spell! GOD DOESN'T KILL PEOPLE, CHRISTIANS KILL PEOPLE!!!

I'm back for a visit here and I was reading this and I never laughed so hard.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv