User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Community of Austin
HERE is your Christian WAR

The following email was sent to me from "christian friends" who also know that I am an Atheist. Scroll down ar read all of it. At the bottom there is reference to war against Atheist's. And this is a Christmas card invitation!

It reads as follows:

What a clever idea! I have mine addressed and ready.

Yes, Christmas cards. This is coming early so that you can get ready to include an important address to your list.

Want to have some fun this CHRISTMAS? Send the ACLU a CHRISTMAS CARD this year.

As they are working so very hard to get rid of the CHRISTMAS part of this holiday, we should all send them a nice, CHRISTIAN card to brighten up their dark, sad, little world.

Make sure it says "Merry Christmas" on it.

Here's the address, please don't be rude or crude:

ACLU *** ********d Street ******th Floor ****** , ** ****** (Sorry. The address is deliberately not shown in this posting for good reason)

Two tons of Christmas cards would freeze their operations because they wouldn't know if any were regular mail containing contributions. So spend 44 cents and tell the ACLU to leave Christmas alone. Also tell them that there is no such thing as a " Holiday Tree". . .. It's always been called a CHRISTMAS TREE!

And pass this on to your email lists. We really want to communicate this message to the ACLU!!!

For those of you who aren't aware of them, the ACLU, (the American Civil Liberties Union) is the one suing the U.S. Government to take God, Christmas or anything Christian away from us. They represent the atheists and others in this war. Help put Christ back in Christmas!

(End of email)

Now, ...there it is. Apparently "we" "Atheist's" at war. Interesting.

I wonder if the email writer knows the ACLU also defended Rush Limbaugh? Back when Limbaugh was under investigation for illegally obtaining prescription drugs and a prosecutor wanted to subpoena his medical records...the ACLU came out swinging in his defense. O-M-G, maybe the American Civil Liberties Union is actually an organization committed to the civil liberties of Americans! And not the legal arm of Satan.

Hal,

"Christian friends" couldn't find anything better to do with 44 cents? Wonder how an "Atheist of Atheist's" got on Christian friends e-mail list?

However, sending Christmas cards to the ACLU probably will have no effect on them what so ever. They probably receive Christmas cards every year, since there is no reason an ACLU member or employee would have to be an atheist, any more than they would have to be a Christian. The ACLU is an organization that protects our rights as American citizens, and that involves all kinds of issues, religion is only one of them.

Many Christians believe in the Separation of Church and State (freedom of/from religion) and the Establishment clause of the Constitution; that prohibits the state from establishing a religion.

The "two tons" of mail might be a little ambitious, since there aren't that many blithering idiots, I hope. I think that most educated Christians know that the ACLU is not an atheist organization.

Christian friends Quote: "Also tell them that there is no such thing as a " Holiday Tree". . .. It's always been called a CHRISTMAS TREE!"

The decorating of Christmas trees is a survival of pagan tree veneration. This Christmas tree Story should enlighten your "Christian friends."

THE FIRST CHRISTMAS TREE (T' WASN'T) ABOUT JESUS'

T'was about Nimrod/Osiris and his mother/wife Semiramis/Ishtar/Isis who started the whole Christmas tree thing. After Nimrod the ruler of Babylon died Semiramis circulated the rumor that he was a god. Semiramis claimed that she saw an evergreen tree spring out of the roots of a dead tree stump. Semiramis told everyone that this meant that Nimrod was living again, and he would leave gifts under the evergreen tree on his birthday, which was on the winter solstice at the end of December.

Several years after Nimrod was dead Semiramis gave birth to a son Horus. Semiramis said the spirit of Nimrod impregnated her, and that her son Horus was the reincarnation of Nimrod. The mother - child - holy spirit.

These myths were passed down to other generations, and they were spread to other cultures. The pagans believed that as winter approached the days grew shorter, because the sun god was leaving them, and as the days grew longer he was coming back. As the days started getting longer again they had a celebration known as Saturnalia. For centuries before Christianity, holly was used for celebrating their midwinter Saturnalia. They had enormous feasts, got drunk and had orgies. Just like today.

Jeremiah 10, verses 2-4:Learn not the way of the nations, nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens because the nations are dismayed at them, for the customs of the peoples are false. A tree from the forest is cut down, and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman. Men deck it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so that it cannot move.

Quote: "For those of you who aren't aware of them, the ACLU, (the American Civil Liberties Union) is the one suing the U.S. Government to take God, Christmas or anything Christian away from us. They represent the atheists and others in this war. Help put Christ back in Christmas!"

What ACLU case has involved preventing someone from celebrating a holy day in thier Church or home? The Constitution prevents the government from supporting any religion, which they are doing, although it is unconstitutional. Also, the aspirations (on the part of some people) to force their religion on the entire nation, and other nations is unconstitutional.

Christianity was institutionalized as a state religion (in all it's pagan glory) in the fourth century A.D. by Constantine, who Christianized pagan rites and called it Christianity. In Rome, before "Christmas" was celebrated on December 25th, the Natalis Solis Invicti was celebrated on the same date in honor of the Sun God, Mithras. From the seventeenth of December until the twenty-third, Romans celebrated the ancient feast of the Saturnalia. 375 A.D., the Church of Rome under Pope Julius I announced that the birth date of Christ had been decided to be on December 25th, and this is how the date of Christmas was decided upon, by the deciders. The Romans could still celebrate the festival of Saturnalia, the birthday of Mithras, and the birthday of Christ. December the 25th, merry everything day, it just makes everyone happy.

I guess "Christian friends" will appreciate someone advertising this endeavor, that is devoid of reason, on an atheist message board.

Linda:

An "Atheist of Atheist's" got on a "friends email list" through my own family members who forward email, who forward email. It isn't that difficult to understand how that can be possible. Short of alienating myself from nearly everyone I happened to know in that manner, who else might I associate with in a heavily populated "Christian" sector of western, MI where "Christianity" is paractically on every street corner. Perhaps, maybe if I go to the local mall and have a conversation with the lonely manikins at every department store I could find companion-friends who are not Christians.

Your satire is out of step. I am the messenger to whom you have fixated on, instead. Is there a reason?

Don't you know? Atheists aren't allowed to have religious friends. How can you possibly be friends with people that have opposing views? Befriending a theist means you must lower yourself to their level. And don't remind me of their constant prosthetising and insults. You really think they are your friends when they believe you are going to hell unless they do everything in their power to convert you. All theist feel hatred toward all atheists, so for atheist to even interact with such people is not plausible, unless you must not be a true atheist. If you want to have theist friends, than why not become a theist. "Birds of a feather, flocks together".

If you haven't guessed, I'm mocking the attitudes some atheists have towards others that aren't as gung ho about fighting with theist. To me, it's really petty and absurd, but what can you do but stand firm in what you believe. Even if you think you know better and have a higher understanding of certain subjects, doesn't warrant you to be a rude. What makes its more upsetting is that they speak in this pretentious tone full of pompousness and sarcasm, like you wouldn't understand them or their underlining intentions.

Whatever it is that makes someone feel they have to make snide remarks and backhanded comments without provocation is inexcusable. Some people on this forum will attack just to attack because they are paranoid that their precious site will be undermined by the theist that they so despise. I understand that there are crazy extreme religious fundamentalist that should not be tolerated and that they use tactics that are shifty and interruptive, but to believe that all theists are out to get you if they know you are an atheist is untrue. Never will they admit to their absurdity because in their eyes they are being reasonable. So I ask why some atheist would feel the need to lash out in this manner. I believe its misdirected anger because they don't have any other outlet to express their frustrations.

An atheist is the label that accurately defines what it is to believe/not-believe about the notion of a God. Atheism is not a religion or philosophy or movement or path in which reality can best be discovered. It's just an answer to a question, do you believe in or not? And to insist that because you also don't believe in God, everyone that claims to be atheist must also think and act as you is false. Only when you ask for clarification that they will admit that not all theists have bad intentions and atheists are free to believe what they want. They will back peddle by saying that they were referring to these theist that they have come across or say "the atheist that I know behave this way", but never will they admit to making gross generalizations in the comments that they make and that they are wrong for doing so.

Even Matt Dillahunty will correct Don Baker, when Don makes large generalizations about Christian beliefs. Although, Matt tries, I don't think Don accepts what Matt is saying about some Christian views and attitudes because he was never a Christian. Anyways, you will find that some atheists are arrogant, cruel, and downright rude but that's just being human. There is nothing wrong with having theist friends if you are an atheist. As long as there is mutual respect and you don't judge a person by what they believe but by their actions. If you get religious e-mails from friends that know you are an atheist, just send them and pro-atheist e-mails. An article about "Ardy", the oldest bipedal primate added to our evolutionary tree would be a good one to send.

Is that why "Hal" have comments all over this message board (anywhere there is a discussion with Linda) and some are over a year old. She has debunked your new attempts at pseudo-science though. You don't learn you.

(Atheist Community of Austin) Critical Thinking -vs- Critical Tongue. In essence, this is the same complaint, about the same person who doesn't let ignorant crap go without comment. The same old complaints under new pseudonyms won't work.

Spoiled brats and their ignorant "daddy" can't run over people. It's so sad.

Pi:

Are you always so stupid or is this a special occasion?

Hal,

YOUR SICK NOT FUNNY - These joke can be found online! (Really mean insults) I've seen them all before - everyone has. They aren't funny!

'Really mean insults' # 21. "Are you always so stupid or is today a special occasion?"

If you thought these jokes were funny you shouldn't be insulting anyone.

Sam said, "Befriending a theist means you must lower yourself to their level. And don't remind me of their constant prosthetising and insults."

First you need to learn how to spell proselytizing before you start putting people down for criticizing you. I don't think that this is a good forum for your "poor persecuted Christian" tirades. I guess one simpleton probably can't identify another simpleton. There are plenty of examples of the theist's attitudes toward atheists on this message board - whom we treat condescendingly.

Sam said, "What makes its more upsetting is that they speak in this pretentious tone full of pompousness and sarcasm, like you wouldn't understand them or their underlining intentions."

What should be upsetting is that you are making a fool of yourself. I will assume you meant underlying intentions not "underlining" intentions since that makes no sense. Theists don't just have problems with atheists; they attack people of other faiths, they all have "the one true faith", but they can't agree on a doctrine among themselves. They should be straightening everyone else out.

Sam said, "Atheism is not a religion or philosophy or movement or path in which reality can best be discovered."

Atheism is not a philosophy or religion, but unlike fantasyland, it is a path in which reality can best be discovered.

Sam said, "atheists are free to believe what they want."

Atheists do not believe in a Supreme Being, the supernatural, a designer, creation or holy books. No matter how theism is packaged it's not atheism. Whether it's Intelligent Design or theistic evolution, creationism is not science, and is religion. Most atheists know too much about science to fall for their attempts to package their god in any scientific gap. They can't convince anyone with intelligence (atheists or not) that pseudo-science is science.

Sam said, "Even Matt Dillahunty will correct Don Baker, when Don makes large generalizations about Christian beliefs."

Any atheist can disagree with another atheist, but they don't "correct" them, since nobody has that kind of "authority" over any atheist.

Sam said, "Don accepts what Matt is saying about some Christian views and attitudes because he was never a Christian."

Very few people have always been atheists, I have never been a believer, but few atheists fit into that category. I think that you are wrong about who you think has never been a Christian.

Sam said, "you don't judge a person by what they believe but by their actions." What a laugh!

Theists have posted what they think about atheists all over atheist message boards, and it is all based on what we don't believe. Theists going out of their way to insult atheists are very common, and far out number the insults that they receive from atheists. Among their insults is the claim that atheists do not contribute a thing to society. Only people of faith do noble things. In that case why did a homeless person die sleeping on the steps of a locked up church?

There are numerous secular charitable organizations, which according to some unbiased reviews are more effective, and do a better job than religious affiliated charities.

Theists want to proselytize without any opposition (no matter what they call themselves) and they are proselytizing in most every venue without any opposition right now. Theists have found out that atheists know more about science and religion than they do, and atheist's views are the one's being censored. There is no day of the week set aside to listen to atheist lectures, and there has been no national debate. "A lie can circles the earth while the truth is still putting on it's pants." Winston Churchill

Many of these hypocrites want to dominate, and many of them want their beliefs mixed with our government, and that is why they are malevolent toward any organization that opposes them. Their problem, from what "Christian friends" opined about an organization that protects our rights as American citizens, is obvious. More than a few problems in America have grown from planting the idea that "we the people" should be subservient to their beliefs. The Constitution establishes what our rights, as American citizens are, not the government or any religion. The government protects our rights, but the government doesn't grant us rights. The Constitution does, and the ACLU is a (watchdog) organization that protects our rights, and keeps our rights from being violated.

Sam said, "Anyways, you will find that some atheists are arrogant, cruel, and downright rude but that's just being human. There is nothing wrong with having theist friends if you are an atheist."

Most overbearing ignorant fanatics accuse atheists of arrogance; it's nothing new. Their holier than thou attitudes aren't arrogant. You haven't any criticisms of theists that were not minimized or covered-up. No atheist would do that, and you're not fooling anyone. Atheists have the right as American citizens to speak about their non-belief, and very few Christians believe that they do. That's what they are upset about.

Someone telling atheists that they can't offend "theists" because they have a relationship with one is just plain stupid. Along with, "atheists shouldn't mind going to church to make theists happy"; it's pretty obvious who doesn't respect whom, and what that was about. It has been stated by more than one person that we do not have to respect beliefs. We only respect the right to have beliefs, and the same kind of respect (the right to non-belief) should be given to atheists, but it's not. I have never met a Christian that did respect atheist's rights. Christians do not have minority status; atheists do. When the Christians have the same minority status as atheists I will be willing to listen to these kinds of silly accusations. You need to get a grip on reality. Atheists don't look to uneducated theists to defend their rights.

I never go on the apologist's web sites to tell them to stop vilifying and misrepresenting atheists; I ignore them.

In his overreaction to my question about how he got on "Christian friends" list he claimed that these clods were not his friends, so, what does that have to do with your little silly complaints? The ACLU is not an atheist organization, and as I stated educated theists know that, and many of them support Separation of Church and State. Sadly, very few Christians fit that description, and obviously they're not among his acquaintances. With regards to whom we pick for "friends", atheists didn't bring the subject up; you have at every opportunity and repeatedly.

"Friends" are not casual acquaintances (people we run into doing business) or any of the illustrations used to define "friends". Those who assume this is a "friendship" usually do so as an excuse to proselytize their religion. That is the only reason that an atheist would say anything "rude" to them. You can continue to find excuses to throw fits all you want to, but you don't have anyone fooled.

Nevertheless, you are not the least bit paranoid, I really do think that you are asinine.

Linda:

Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone.

Hal,

I feel I have to apologize about my terrible responses. I try to think that it is okay to have/keep theist friends because I care about them not because of their beliefs but just because I feel that friendships aren't based on what god everyone worships. It shouldn't shock me that thrashing theists would be expected in an atheist forum. But still I feel the need to defend them when some atheist is spewing horse manure and hateful rhetoric no matter how many bad experiences they have with the theist. Two wrongs don't make it right.

I guess what bothers me is that I've been looking for others that may have views like mine and can relate to how I feel and my experiences, but I am discouraged by the lack of openness. It seems as though everyone is trying to push an agenda and herd all who oppose into separate camps. The personal bickering, rudeness and unnecessary insults are mostly what comes out of every debate. It's about competition more than anything. Who is smarter, wiser, who has the correct spelling/grammar, or who makes the most posts and has the last word. Do I really have to completely understand every scientific theory and research done to have an opinion on any given issue? Why must some other atheist tell me what evolution is or why religion is not healthy to society or how having evidence is important? Ironically, they are "preaching to the choir".

Why must every opinion be struck down because of minor details. So what if the ACLU is not officially an atheist organization? I think the point you were making was that Christians were attempting to shut the ACLU down with Christmas cards and that it was funny to think that some Christians are silly enough to do such things and that they target the ACLU as some atheist group. But no, some people make it their mission to point out that the ACLU is not an atheist group and that e-mails from some "theist friends" are questionable making it open season to criticize you for even posting your story.

I really don't know what to think about being atheist. I feel like I am an atheist because I don't believe that there's some personal god that controls our destiny or whatever. I believe that evolution is a far better explanation than an all powerful invisible God did it. Being skeptical is a better intuition than just believing without cause. But I don't feel the need to combat my theist friends of their beliefs since we all get along just fine without having to talk about what each other's beliefs are. I really thought that "atheist" is a term to define a non-belief in god, but from what I am hearing atheism means all kinds of things that may or may not have to do with a god. I hate to admit it but I believe my skepticism is far stronger than my atheism. I thought I could be able to share my thoughts with like minded people, but have founded myself more alone than ever. I will still claim to be atheist, but this atheist community is not one I can aspire to belong to.

Even after my tirade about how absurd the criticisms are that people make, I at least try to end with a suggestion related to your topic.

Hi Sam,

Thanks. I accept your apology. But, really. You are mild compared with Linda, Pi and Nutcracker. You were not actually personal as they are toward me. It's ok.

I won't be back here anymore. It isn't because of you. It is becauseof Linda, Pi and Nutcracker. I don't need to come here to be personally insulted and belittled by anyone. A couple of times... ok. But on each and every thing that I have written, they have insulted me relentlessly. Even so much as to tell me that I am inferior. What an awful thing to say, even if it might be true.

That is not what this website is about. That is not the purpose of this website or these forums. However, since it is apparent that three people have that type of a mindset, these forums and this website have become exactly that purpose. There is no other purpose here except to be insulted and belittled by Linda, Pi and Nutracker. Anyone's ideas, thoughts, questions, or contributions are summarized, judged and rebuttaled based entirely on the experiences and interpretations of Linda, Pi and Nutcracker... and with a wretched dose of personal insult and wicked belittling to go with it, too.

No thanks.

Take care, Sam.

... Hal.

Yet, another joke that can be found online under (Brain Candy Insults Collection) and several other places.

'Brain Candy Insults Collection' - "Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

You think that's smoke'n hot stuff - right!

The first time I saw these jokes I thought, "these are the worst jokes I have ever read - who would ever use them." Now we know.

But then you didn't catch on that The Nutcracker was making tongue in cheek remarks. Did you really think he wanted you to notify us every time "Christian friends" found someone that could be insulted with Xmas cards?

At least we know when to use S/Z.

Greetings and Salutations Hal,

Thanks for telling us about "the Christmas card invitation." In spite of the fact that the ACLU is not an atheist organization, informing us about this potential problem was ingenious? The "Christmas card invitation" was so really stupid that the ACLU probably wouldn't have believed it. A pox upon "Xmas and friends."

I don't know why anyone thought it was necessary to point out that it was really stupid.

P.S. Please keep us informed of any new developments. Since there are all kinds of people that could be insulted by sending them Christmas cards.

Yours truly, The Nutcracker

Hi Nutcracker:

You know... I was thinking the same thing. I am glad you see it what I see. Pi and Linda have both lost their minds. Neither of them are credible anymore. In their despairing need of feeling self-worth, they have both certified themselves to be worthless, useless scum without merit for anyone to read what they write.

I have no doubt that all others with any sense realize, just like you do, the purpose and meaning of what I wrote in this thread. It is no surprize that scum can not comprehend it.

Greetings Hal,

This is to inform you (without lowering myself to using derogatory remarks) that what I wrote was factious.

Actually, I think that the people you are insulting with your contemptuous remarks (that you've used in order to disparage them) have abilities far above yours. Their responses were very lenient considering the shocking faux pas in your correspondence.

Various people did correct the mistaken assumption that the ACLU is an atheist organization. So, targeting them with "Christmas card" insults because of an ignorant assumption was not apropos.

Before making contemptuous, presumptuous remarks and assuming superiority, I think you need to reassess your own mental status. Even your insults are an example of your ineptitude.

Hal - "It is no surprize that scum can not comprehend it." Surprise!

The level of anger that you are demonstrating when your gaffes are amended is indicative of emotional insecurity, and bloody poor up bringing.

Atheists would not consider the shallow remarks you and your troupes are making against atheists, on an atheist message board, should go undisputed.

The persons that you are insulting do reflect the esprit de Corp. It is clear that your sentiments lie elsewhere, and that is reason enough to say that you have no right to try and influence what people read.

Yours truly, The Nutcracker

Nutcracker and Linda:

There isn't one, single thing that I contributed that suggested that I support or believe regarding its content. Not one. With fractals, I said it was interesting... and asked an opinion of it, neither in support or in opposition of it. I asked where does it lead to. As with the singlularity videos that I pointed to, I suggested that it seemed "plausable" just like some people believe that the existence of a supernatural God seems plausible, to them. In my enthusiasm of "new" information (not ever having seen it before), it was merely a question of getting an opinion in each and every instance of anything that I have ever contributed or written in these forums. Yet, out of pure human arrogance and ignorance, the insults toward me have been plenty and quite unecessary. It isn't a matter of "emotional insecurity" (if that is how you prefer to interpret it). As with each of the things that I have contributed or asked about, it is assumed that I defend and affirm those things to be true and accurate. I don't, and I never did to begin with. The apparent arrogance of some of the contributors in these forums is enough to confirm hostility, rather than any mere disagreement, agreement, new information, discovery or discussion. If that is how these forums are (which they are), then I want nothing to do with it. How disappointing and despicable. Then, so be it. What a messed up world we live in.

Season's Greetings Hal,

Just a quick not of clarification: Pi commented on the fact that you are posting comments on discussions with Linda that had transpired long ago. I hadn't commented on that and neither did Linda.

I posted a comment on one of the discussions with Linda that had been over for a long time. Mr. T. and Hal started commenting on it after the discussion was over. Linda came back and shoved it to Mr. T. - a god-fearing bonehead.

Hal was being a skeptic but I felt that one of the Hal's comments was disputable.

You can find it here: Atheist Community of Austin (topic) Mind/ body problem

Hal said, "It will explain the power behind consciousness and awareness. And when I say "Power" I mean actual physical power! If you think an atomic bomb is powerful, take a look at this video. The thing s, if we ever learn to harnes consciousness... I hate to even imagine."

Did you mean HARNESS consciousness? If so, there is nothing about consciousness or awareness that has that kind of power. The physical part of consciousness is to see, taste, touch and smell.

A theory that consciousness has the kind of power that you are referring to (atomic bomb) is like thinking that prayer has power or any other kind quackery or pseudo-science.

Merry Xmas to all, The Nutcracker

Hal,

After she asked you, "how did 'Christian friends' get your e-mail address?" You accused Linda of being fixated on you.

That's why I pointed out to you that you are the one commenting on old discussions with her on several threads and some are almost a year old.

This is a new discussion and she only asked you a question. The rest of her remarks were about the stupid assumptions in the 'Christmas Card Invitation'. Among them, from what she wrote, those Christmas trees were originally Holiday trees.

However, you seem to think that it's perfectly acceptable to copy insults and level them at people, and then call them scum because they pointed out the ignorance of the 'Christmas Card Invitation' that you posted. We posted what we thought about that post. Most of us know that our opinions are not popular with xians and that our opinions will be attacked. We expect it - - you don't. This is no place for spoiled brats, because if you post 'Christian friends' e-mail on an atheist message board, with a lot of ACLU bashing, don't be surprised if people say things that you might not like.

Hal, what was despicable was your online jokes.

'Really mean insults' # 21. "Are you always so stupid or is today a special occasion?"

You really shouldn't be insulting anyone.

Pi:

Every single word that you speak or write is borrowed from someone else. You were not born already speaking or writing. Someone showed you exactly what to do and how to do it. Many people borrow from others in many ways. No one makes it through life alone. Without others you would not have toilet paper to wipe your ass.

It is so apparent that there is a handful of scrupulous individuals in these forums who intend to have every contribution from others completely summarized, judged and rebuttaled based entirely on their own experiences and interpretations.

This is far from an enjoyable forum of open and meaningful discussion of any subject. Your continued insults of insisting that I am a "cry baby" or someone's "daddy" (whatever that insult eluded to), the hostility and aggression in these forums is the ruins of anything meaningful in the purpose of such forums. I have been insulted here in these forums time and time again, and really for no reason, except that others have chosen for themselves that pettishness, not me.

I am not surprised about the nature of somoenes opinion in a disagreement because they don't agree with me about something. It is the personal insults and personal belittlement that are excessive and unnecessary, which nearly everything I have ever received in response in these forums has been of that nature, especially from you.

I did not come to these forums to be insulted. It would be realistic to recognize that Linda, Nutcracker and you should be the only members of this forum who aught to remain while no one else should ever contribute a single word, since all three of you can not refrain from contemptfully insulting others under the disguise of meaningful and mature discussion. All of your responses to me have been anything but meaningful or friendly. Even a disagreement can be friendly. Yet, in all of your responses to me, each of you have been nothing but affronting and hostile.

I don't need to come here to this website just to be treated in an undignified manner. My responses of insult were an attempted backlash to get all three of you to lay off of me.

You made sure to point out that some of Linda's threads are nearly a year old. Well, I wasn't here a year ago. I am here now. For me, it is a new subject that I felt that I wanted to respond to. Apparently, you believe that you even need to summarize, judge and despute my right to comment on any thread that I choose to comment on. You are relentless in your abuse of others in these forums, and it doesn't take a clear open insult to be insulting toward someone else, as in the example I just gave regarding you. If past precedence of your insulting remarks toward me can be counted on, I would say that your response to this will be something like:

Crybaby or "Spoiled brats and their ignorant "daddy" can't run over people."

Yet, again, you insist on lecturing me about suggesting that I should not be insulting anyone.

How interesting that you would reach that conclusion, favorable to your interpretation and counter to your nearly endless insults toward me.

I want no part of this forum and all of your insults (and of course I am still here... long enough to write this, and nothing more.

Leaving this website forum and never returning actually causes me to feel more joy about leaving than of the hope and enthusiasm I anticipated prior to joining.

Good job to all three of you, Pi, Linda and Nutcracker!

As for Sam: Sam... apology accepted. I hold no hard feelings from any insults you sent my way. I read your apology and the rest of your post:

Quote:

"Why must every opinion be struck down because of minor details. So what if the ACLU is not officially an atheist organization? I think the point you were making was that Christians were attempting to shut the ACLU down with Christmas cards and that it was funny to think that some Christians are silly enough to do such things and that they target the ACLU as some atheist group. But no, some people make it their mission to point out that the ACLU is not an atheist group and that e-mails from some "theist friends" are questionable making it open season to criticize you for even posting your story."

You are absolutely correct. It is apparent that Linda, Nutcracker and Pi are concerned about the backlash from others because of what I posted (that I was allegedly unaware of the repercussions of), so in an effort to find their own comfort and to "help me" for "my own good," they felt that insulting me and belittling me was the best suited response.

It has been that way ever since I joined this website-forum and on nearly every-single thing I have ever contributed or discussed in these forums. They have been relentless in their attacks and personal insults. I've had plenty enough.

I wish everyone the best. I will not be returning. Yeah... I get it... Cheers of, "yeah!... and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out..." are being thought of this very instant.

If any of you do write an insulting "exiting remark" regarding me... then you will only validate exactly what I have just expressed in my upset with regard to your endless insults and this issue.

........ Hal.

Thanks Hal for bringing up this amazingly senseless topic! People who don't want to be rebuttaled, oops that's not even a word; I mean rebutted on these forums? What absolute Baloney!

*~*~*~*~*~*~* I have been insulted here in these forums time and time again, and really for no reason, except that others have chosen for themselves that pettishness, not me. *~*~*~*~*~*~*

It's just pettishness, or is it pettiness, what difference does it make - who needs to know what word to use? I bet Hal can find plenty of people who don't mind being called stupid scum as well!

They will probably just go off snickering; they're probably insulting some dunderhead right now. Don't let people who think you're full of huge loads of bull crap keep you from coming back here to answer what the "nice" people are saying. Just use another pseudonym. I hope you don't think this post is impolite, because it isn't. I'm polite enough to tell you that I think you are full it I left out the sh because I didn't want you to think I was rude. We love you! Why can't we be friends?

P.S. I can make toilet paper without other people!

Please don't go. Even with the all the idiots that think they own this joint and bombard you with criticism, its still a good place to express your ideas. I just ignore the ones that behave like a swarm of bees in order to discredit anyone that disagrees. There's only a few that seems to support one another when cuing up for an attack. It's mostly petty details that misdirect the conversation. They also do it with passive aggressive comments that aim to incite a reaction, like the one that Linda started with when she insinuated that you were doing the work of a theist by even posting your story.

She was able to make her snarky remark and by you getting worked up from it that allowed her friends to further insult you and do her dirty work. It could be that it is all the same person seeing that they rarely post any objections to one another. I just try to put out my opinions and if they don't agree, so what. It's not often that anybody here changes their stand so it's mostly soap boxing and error-proofing others mistakes. So good luck.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

Join us for the Bat Cruise Lecture, 1:15pm September 27th at Trinity United Methodist Church, at 40th and Speedway. Lecturers will be Richard Carrier and Chris Johnson.

The ACA Bat Cruise is set for Saturday, September 27th, 6-8pm. Purchase tickets in advance here.

The audio and video from Dr. Shahnawaz August lecture is now available.