User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Community of Austin
Xtians

When I listen or watch debates concerning the existence of god, especially when William Lane Craig is debating, I have to shake my head . WLC is a philosopher, but he is obviously unaware of how ignorant he is when considering his own beliefs and arguments. He thinks there are objective moral truths. My answer is so what? Even if we all agreed on these truths and the existence of a god, does not mean a damn thing. People would still do what they want. We see Xtians do it all the time. Not all atheists are going to change after god reveals Itself. The thing Craig does not get is that the existence of god does not matter. What matters is the acceptance of god. As an atheist, I would not care if god popped out of the sky someday. I have no reason to care and no reason to be afraid. I accept my fate. I would rather burn in Hell as a moral atheist freethinker than a Christian with a slave mentality that need appeals to force and authority to do what is moral or ethical. These debates over the existence of god are antiquated. They are not about god existing but belief and our acceptance in that belief. Existing or not existing I do not accept any deity, nor do I have a good reason, except logical fallacies to.

A. A. said, "When I listen or watch debates concerning the existence of god, especially when William Lane Craig is debating, I have to shake my head . WLC is a philosopher, but he is obviously unaware of how ignorant he is when considering his own beliefs and arguments. He thinks there are objective moral truths. My answer is so what?"

My answer is that nobody is born knowing intuitively what objective moral values are. We learn from our parents what is acceptable in the societies that we live in.Whatever that society has decided is "moral" will be moral to them.

A. A. said, "Even if we all agreed on these truths and the existence of a god, does not mean a damn thing. People would still do what they want. We see Xtians do it all the time."

Moral codes of ethics are broken just as often by theists as non-theists. There are studies that prove this is a fact. Most people do not break the law because there are consequences. The law is by far a better deterrent.

A. A. said, "Not all atheists are going to change after god reveals Itself. The thing Craig does not get is that the existence of god does not matter. What matters is the acceptance of god.

If god revealed Himself atheists would have to accept the fact that there is one, but that's a pretty big IF.

A. A. said, "As an atheist, I would not care if god popped out of the sky someday. I have no reason to care and no reason to be afraid. I accept my fate."

I don't expect a god to pop out of the sky but at the same time nobody with a lick of sense would be afraid. If there were a superior being far advanced to us (mere mortals) I'm sure he wouldn't be stupid enough to torture the inferior folks who just didn't believe things without any evidence.

A. A. said, "I would rather burn in Hell as a moral atheist freethinker than a Christian with a slave mentality that need appeals to force and authority to do what is moral or ethical. These debates over the existence of god are antiquated. They are not about god existing but belief and our acceptance in that belief. Existing or not existing I do not accept any deity, nor do I have a good reason, except logical fallacies to.

I have a good reason for not believing in a god or any religious nonsense. I have done a great deal of research and I have found plenty of facts that dispute all of the religious beliefs.

The same thing goes for the story about Pinocchio and his very long nose, and believe me it has nothing to do with logical fallacies.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

From the officers:

The audio and video from Steve Bratteng's July 13th lecture are now available.