User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Community of Austin
Matt Dillahunty and morality

I recently watched TAE and was wondering why Matt bothers to argue for somethings that does not exist, that is secular morality. Moral reasoning is not secular, religious, or anything in between like there is no white or black thinking. Then to top it off, Matt denies being a nihilist, but you would think that a person that espouse logical reasoning would be consistent in the case of atheism. All atheists are nihilists, at least in the existential sense. Now, if he says he is an absurdist he then is deluding himself that his morality counts for anything. I think atheists like Matt defend this so-called secular morality so theists do not use that tired and illogical assertion that atheists are evil, bad, or immoral. Who cares? I am not trying to live up to their standards or any others for that matter. I am sick of atheists like Hitchens and Harris always trying to get the moral high ground. To me they are cowards that need to hide behind arbitrary and deluded ethics. Is their any difference between the theocracy that Hitchens hates and a set ethical standard?

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

Join us for the Bat Cruise Lecture, 1:15pm September 27th at Trinity United Methodist Church, at 40th and Speedway. Lecturers will be Richard Carrier and Chris Johnson.

The ACA Bat Cruise is set for Saturday, September 27th, 6-8pm. Purchase tickets in advance here.

The audio and video from Dr. Shahnawaz August lecture is now available.