User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Non-Prophets
Sikh judge criticises banning of Kirpan

Hi,

Thought this might be of interest to people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8500712.stm

Having checked out some images on google... those things look pretty leathal.

Sikhism is a religion based on hatred of others (mostly Hindus and Muslims).

Like any other belief system it is a waste of time and divisive of humanity.

The Sikh Gurus started Sikhism because they were greedy for power and wanted the peoples following to overthrow the Mughal state and rule, some of them got executed for treason and rebellion in the process which further strengthened their cult and they were hallowed as martyrs by their followers.

There's nice things in Sikhism but like any other religion there's not so nice things too... It's an amalgam of good and bad, logical and illogical, rational and irrational... Sikh proselytizers will only highlight the good and try to explain away the bad.

It's liberating to break free from the shackles of religion having moved away from family... As a young man I wasn't even allowed to have a haircut or shave like my friends, I don't wish that on any teenager.

Religious symbols or iconography is socially divisive and should not be tolerated in public, people should only practice religion on their own private properties.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

ustream.tv

From the officers:

The ACA Lecture Series continues, Sunday September 14th at 12:15pm at the Austin History Center, 9th and Guadalupe. Chase Hunter will talk on "Inside Scientology." The Austin History Center opens at noon.

Join us for the Bat Cruise Lecture, 1:15pm September 27th at Trinity United Methodist Church, at 40th and Speedway. Lecturers will be Richard Carrier and Chris Johnson.

The ACA Bat Cruise is set for Saturday, September 27th, 6-8pm. Purchase tickets in advance here.

The audio and video from Dr. Shahnawaz August lecture is now available.