User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Experience
fema concentration camps????

My girlfriend has been freaking out cause someone told her about fema concentration camps. i looked it up online and there is no real proof about what people are saying, and there not saying much. whats the deal with these acuzations that fema is making concentration camps. pluss she now wants me to turn to god as if that will save me from this horror, i don't think ill be doing that.

I don't know what all the facts are concerning these "camps" but there needs to be some clarification, and there is enough interest in the subject for the award winning "news teams" to do some "in-depth-investigative reporting." If it's been on the news I missed it. Although, there are wacky right-wing end-time alarmist, I find that often times they have gotten their ideas from valid articles that some reporter wrote. There have been many reports of these "camps" in print news and on the Internet for years. The existence of the Rex 84 plan was first revealed during the Iran-Contra Hearings in 1987, and reported by the Miami Herald on July 5, 1987. Excerpt: "These camps are to be operated by FEMA should martial law need to be implemented in the United States and all it would take is a presidential signature on a proclamation and the attorney general's signature on a warrant to which a list of names is attached."

Look this up: Rule by fear or Rule by law? San Francisco Chronicle Lewis Seiler, Dan Hamburg - Monday, February 4, 2008. Excerpt: "Beginning in 1999, the government has entered into a series of single-bid contracts with Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR) to build detention camps at undisclosed locations within the United States". . etc Excerpt: "U.S. Rep. Jane Harman, D-Venice (Los Angeles County) has come up with a new way to expand the domestic "war on terror." Her Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 (HR1955), which passed the House by the lopsided vote of 404-6, would set up a commission to "examine and report upon the facts and causes" of so-called violent radicalism and extremist ideology, then make legislative recommendations on combating it."

Look this up: (Senate Bill S 1959) It seems to be a bill that would prevent anyone from disagreeing with the Middle East policy, which would undermine efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq or to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people? That's what their calling it?

This is pretty scary stuff, but from reading the San Francisco Chronicle article, and other articles, I don't know how religion is involved. Although, from my own observations there does seem to be a concerted effort, like never before, to Christianize everyone.

Look this up: FEMA sources confirm coming martial law by Wayne Madsen WMR October 8, 2008. Excerpt: "WMR has learned from knowledgeable Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) sources that the Bush administration is putting the final touches on a plan that would see martial law declared in the United States with various scenarios anticipated as triggers. The triggers include a continuing economic collapse with massive social unrest, bank closures resulting in violence against financial institutions, and another fraudulent presidential election that would result in rioting in major cities and campuses around the country."

I don't know how the present situation is involved with religion exactly. Although they deny it, Christians have conflicts between themselves over religion. It 's a very complicated situation really. I was reading "The Looming Tower - Al -Qaeda And The Road To 9/11" by Lawrence Wright - Very interesting book. The book mentions an idea during the cold war to spread Christianity in order to defeat communism.

Christian beliefs, stealing the elections and scare tactics is the way one party has stayed in power for some time. I guess it's time to stop being left wing or right wing and start looking out for the whole bird. Scare tactics have ruled for far too long now, and people on both sides have become quite effective in using them. They know what's going on, they know what they're doing, and it's not lofty work.

JFK said that the biggest surprise after he became President was, "that things really were as bad as they had been saying they were."

Most Americans do not subscribe to the Right-wing Christian stupidity. Believe it or not, they are not in the majority, but there are powerful interests that want everyone to think that they are greater in numbers than they are. Under rational analysis most educated people (including theists) do not agree with the fundies on many levels, especially science. However, maybe scare tactics will convince those who won't be convinced otherwise.

Don't bury your head in the sand. If something is going on - YOU need to be aware and do your part to solve the problem. An imaginary God isn't going to do anything...

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

ustream.tv

Join us for the Bat Cruise Lecture, 1:15pm September 27th at Trinity United Methodist Church, at 40th and Speedway. Lecturers will be Richard Carrier and Chris Johnson.

The ACA Bat Cruise is set for Saturday, September 27th, 6-8pm. Purchase tickets in advance here.

The audio and video from Dr. Shahnawaz August lecture is now available.