User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Experience
Jeff Dee is an angry atheist

I watched #596, and realized that Jeff Dee is an angry atheist. He needs to practice some breathing techniques...three deep breaths before responding to people saying stupid things.

I imagine he's great when people are being nasty, but most of the time he's loud & rude-ish with people that are not being nasty...stupid yes, but not nasty.

Also, he likes to dominate conversations. Jeff Glasser is perhaps too forgiving of Dee's abrasive personality.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dee. I just think that he would be more pleasurable to watch/listen if he turned down the notch about 4 or 5 clicks.

There's no recipe for atheists/atheism, so I think it's great that there is a rich plethora of hosts to represent us. I too am an angry atheist, as there is plenty to be angry about. However, it is bad form to wear our emotions on our sleeve. People listen more carefully to what someone is saying when they speak softly & calmly.

People's minds shut down when yelled at, but lean towards whisperers.

I've never heard Jeff Dee but I know about the duel xian personality- one for when people are watching, one for when nobody is watching. Butter wouldn't melt in their vicious mouths. It does tend to make those who want to puke look bad.

Tell it to the televangelists who are screaming at the top of their lungs, on every station, every Sunday. Why shouldn't atheists have the same rights? Most are accusing humanists, secular humanists, and atheists of incredible viciousness that I have only witnessed from xians. Atheists do not dominate this country, politics or the media. It reminds me of the way they are blaming Obama for not fixing the economy in 50 something days when it took them decades to trash it. Apathy has never changed anything.

Never getting angry might work for people who don't live in the real world, or don't tell the truth about their non-belief, but it doesn't work for those who are paying all the dues. You know, "be nice to those people who are trying to put people out of business because they don't have the right religion or thinking." Be nice to those people who are not nice when they're not on the air. I would tell them not to buy a damn thing or use any services from those phony traitors to the Constitution. I would do to them exactly what they have done to us. I would say "tell all of your friends where not to shop, because now is a good time. Don't yell; just starve the bastards." Why don't you ask Jeff what he is so angry about?

I have always considered Jeff to simply be very passionate about the discussed topics, which for him carries through into his speech.

We all have different tones when speaking, and he happens to come across as a little louder than some. I don't think this translates into anger or arrogance, just personal trait.

However, I am sure that they all get frustrated at being asked the same fallicious questions, and Jeff seems to be more to the point in answering such people (calling a spade a spade - why waste manners on someone who hasn't even bothered to think about their beliefs?)

I have noticed he can sometimes talk over others, but again he simply asserts himself that bit more than the others do. Would probably be annoying if I were in the conversation, but it's great to watch (for me).

I agree with your last statement, and I do think that Matt and Tracey do the best job at gaining willing ears. (love them all though!)

=)

I have concluded that nothing ever changes without outrage over injustice. Atheists are the most despised and distrusted minority in the United States. Americans are more prejudiced and bigoted against atheists than any other group. This isn't a subjective perception of atheists; it's a fact that is reinforced by every study done on the subject.

In 1987, Republican presidential candidate George H. W. Bush was asked by Robert Sherman, a reporter for the American Atheist news journal, if he recognized the "equal citizenship and patriotism" of atheists in America. Bush responded: "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God."

Why would anyone be angry? I was reading about Malcolm X who started out fighting for an end to racism and was (understandably) somewhat of a racist himself. But he died seeking justice for all. Malcolm X said: "Since I learned the truth in Mecca, my dearest friends have come to include all kinds - some Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, agnostics, and even atheists!"

Malcolm X was so passionate about his cause. He was murdered because he wouldn't compromise his integrity. Some of the most passionate and angry people are the most honest about what they are trying to do, and they are the most likely to be gotten rid of.

I don't have any reason to commiserate with any xians over their plight because someone told them something they didn't like real loud! I have had the experience of telling them something they don't want to hear when they weren't on the air; I know how nice they are.

I don't think that the atheists can get through to the closed logic of the xian, no one can ever be right but believers, and no matter how much proof is presented that it is correct, it will be considered incorrect by the believer. It is a closed logic system that defines itself as always true and all differing views as always false.

I think we should tell the fanatics that this has never been a Christian Nation. Why did they feel the need to Christianize not only Washington but also all the Founding Fathers? This falsifying of American history is because of the desire on the part of these extremists to "return to the Christian principles on which it was founded". It would only take a little research into American history to know that this statement is a lie. The men responsible for building the foundation of the United States had little use for Christianity, and many were strongly opposed to it. They were men of The Enlightenment, not men of Christianity. They were Deists who did not believe the bible was true. Would they have initiated a rebellion if they thought it was equal to witchcraft (a crime punishable by death)? The New Testament gives clear instructions to Christians on how to behave when ruled under a monarchy, as were the Founders. 1 Samuel 15:23. "For rebellion as is the sin of witchcraft." God hates rebellion! The New Testament approves being ruled over by a monarchy, as the Founding Fathers were, and the bible tells Xians how to behave. Paul wrote in Romans 13:1: "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resist authority resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment" (Paul's true mission).

Evangelical xians apparently believe that Tyrannosaurus Rex frolicked alongside human beings only a few thousand years ago in the Garden of Eden. They funded a $27 million Creationist museum that has dinosaurs on Noah's Ark. I'm sure this literal biblical interpretation will keep kids out of all kinds of criminal behavior. As far as education is concerned America has reached the bottom of the pit. We are essentially rolling out an assembly line of ignorant conforming clones and our culture, as a whole will pay dearly, very soon. Anyone who doesn't think so will soon find out.

Jeff Dee is awesome. Atheist (like me) need guys like him to be passionate the way they are because hell, I am not going to be that confrontational. You are right, there are a wide variety of host and this is great because it will have a broader effect on more people. Maybe there is a curious theist watching who needs a little Jeff Dee to get off the fence. Then again, maybe they need to watch another AE show with a different host to get the same affect.

I have seen many shows with Jeff and he seems to be respectful to the callers but of course, if he disagrees he gets very passionate. All of the host seem pleasant and respectful to their callers so long as the respect is mutual. Can you blame 'em for losing patience with theist who think atheist are so inferior?

I am glad we have these folks standing up for atheist equality. HELL YEAH get passionate about it Jeff Dee!

Haha, not every atheist has to be calm...I really like how atheists have a higher sense of diplomacy because of the fact we know how it feels to be constantly attacked with threats of damnation.

Oh, Jeff is just mad because he's going to hell. *giggles and runs away*

Why should he be mad about that? I mean if there is really a hell and people who embrace reality and think critically and rationally are going there, it is a reason to celebrate and not be angry.. i mean look at the biblical God and the biblical Satan, Satan is a cute little puppy compared to God, i would rather spend eternity with him than with the angry jealous tantrum throwing psychopatic control freak puppet master hiding himself but seeking for attention and love without giving us any reason to give him any, also why would i want to spend eternity with the gullible Bible and Qur'an (or any other holy fairy tale)- nerds who hump their virgins, when i can be with all the hot chicks and free thinkers?

I was just making a puckish reference to how P-I-S-S-E-D he gets at people telling him that he's going to hell. He has every right to, of course, but it is a LITTLE funny to see him react with white knuckled rage to morally clueless callers who have no idea what they're getting into.

But yeah, hell is TOTALLY the cool kids' table.

That's ironic... when you said: "People's minds shut down when yelled at, but lean towards whisperers.", you quoted a Book that was written over 1,917 years ago. The statement you quoted was written over 2,000 years ago! Here, let me get that quote for you:

Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

My experience with Jeff Dee is that, while he can manipulate a weak mind with limited information by ranting and raving and interrupting where he is allowed to do so (ie: TV or speaking one-on-one), when it comes to an intelligent mind with the testicular fortitude needed to handle a personality such as his, when it comes to written dialogue, when it comes to a "fair fight" per se, this is where Jeff Dee's true ignorance will shine through.

Jeff Dee will not listen to all pertinent data, neither will he will consider all the facts of the case, whatever that case may be: in fact, Jeff Dee will censor any evidence, any proof, any facts, any data that rebukes his position.

To Jeff Dee, life is a fantasy world, a fact never more in evidence than indicated by the works of his hands. Jeff Dee is a fantasy man living in a fantasy world, using the trappings of fantasy games to support his fantasy claims.

But the REALITY of life is that, when all the games are played and all the dragons are slayed, only One Hope remains for man, so he should grasp it while he can. That hope is, of course, salvation in Christ.

PS: I presented much scientific information to Mr. Dee about 6 months ago - scientific information that can be found in the pages of scripture -, and I asked him a question that he never answered. In fact, within an hour of asking him that question on his blog site, Mr. Dee removed not only the question that I asked him, but also all the comments I made concerning the subject we had been discussing.

To ignore the facts and explain away the events is SOP for Atheists: they will only clap and cheer for their own "religion's preachers", for their theories and postulations truly do comprise a faith-based belief system, a religion of the truest sort.

To believe that all matter was bound up into a particle the size of an atom - all matter now - that came from nothing - just because some computer video game program said so - and then, it just banged for no reason, no causality, and then it went outward and then it started spinning, through no causality now, then the Sun came into being, even though it's scientifically impossible for gases to create stars - and this is proven to be so - and then, the Earth and planets all exploded from the Sun and started spinning as well - and the Earth only went so far as to promote the evolution of life, at 6,000 degrees F mind you! - and that's where life came from: life came from non-life?

* Hey, man -- As a Christian, I have a lot of faith... but I don't have that much faith!

* And, all of what I just said (above) can be proven, not the pages of the Bible mind you, but from the lips of well-known scientists and philosophers themselves! -- Forget the Bible for a moment - what about the 3,000 scientists, scholars, and philosophers that rebuke the Theory of Evolution themselves?

Perhaps it's no wonder that Jeff Dee wants to strike out all that evidence -- people who live in fantasy worlds need to remain so, I guess.

I do expect even this comment will be eventually censored, because despite what Green Magi says here (that people listen when you speak intelligently and/or softly), he/she fails to grasp the truth behind the subject of Intelligent Discussion:

the truth is, when talking to religious people like Atheists (or, Moslems or Jehovah's false Witnesses or Mormons, etc.), there can be no intelligent discussion without mutual respect. Sadly, mutual respect and admission of truth are things that cannot be found in the camp of the Atheists. Jeff Dee has proven to me that this remains so.

That's the truth with Jeff Dee -- "I know what I believe: don't confuse me with the facts." -- Roll a 21 on a natural, unmodifed D20 to save your own self from Hell, Jeff. -- As they say in the South: keep on a'rollin' it...

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

Join us for the Bat Cruise Lecture, 1:15pm September 27th at Trinity United Methodist Church, at 40th and Speedway. Lecturers will be Richard Carrier and Chris Johnson.

The ACA Bat Cruise is set for Saturday, September 27th, 6-8pm. Purchase tickets in advance here.

The audio and video from Dr. Shahnawaz August lecture is now available.