User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Experience
Zeitgeist

Hi all

I saw the titled movie some time ago, and afterwards attempted to find information on the links between the various Gods etc and "Jesus". While my searching for information was limited to Google, I had trouble finding any reliable information regarding this topic (that wasn't directly influenced by the movie).

I would really appreciate information that will lead me in the right direction, I ask here because I am fairly sure the topic has come up on the show before. I am also really interested in theology, so thought it might be a fun way to waste some time!

On a side note, I absolutely love your show, and commend you all for putting in such a great effort for the mental growth of mankind. Just a pity that people still manage to use fallacious arguments which have been been long debunked by yourselves or others.

Thanks!

Greetings Ulthea,

I'm just another pleb, but I've seen this movie. It's in three parts; Religion, 9-11, and Economics. The first one is mostly on target, although there's a few twists. The second and third parts are conspiracy theories.

Not that I'm above conspiracy theories. I'm a moon-landing agnostic. I want to believe we landed on the moon, but on a scale of -10 to +10, I'm a 0.

As for the 9-11 conspiracy, I don't think Bush Junior "W" was that smart. On a scale of -10 to +10, I'm a +8 that it really was religious fundamentalists seeking revenge for American interference in the Middle East.

As for the third part of the Z movie, I don't like economics, so I didn't really watch much of it. But from what they were saying, it theoretically makes since, but they lack evidence of their 'Oz behind the curtain.'

Sinisterly, Green Magi

Thanks for your reply, Green Magi =)

I agree with you about such conspiracies, although the movie was quite convincing in its presentation (and now seems to have a cult following of theorists). I also am not very up to date with world economics, but it would not surprise me in the least if that too were true!

Take care !

Put this in search - Operation Northwoods - had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war. The false-flag conspiracy plan proposed within the U.S. government in 1962. A full-scale plan for the invasion and military occupation of Cuba. "Casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation," they wrote -- even contemplating the explosion of America's first manned space flight -- all to be blamed on Castro.

The previously secret document was originally made public on November 18, 1997, by the John F. Kennedy Assassination Records Review Board, a U.S. federal agency overseeing the release of government records related to John F. Kennedy's Assassination (a total 1521 pages) of once-secret military records covering 1962 to 1964 were concomitantly declassified by said Review Board. The Northwoods document was published online in a more complete form (including cover memoranda) by the National Security Archive on April 30, 2001. Journalist James Bamford summarized Operation Northwoods in his April 24, 2001 book Body of Secrets:

A few days after the head of the Joint Chiefs, General Lyman Lemnitzer, presented Operation Northwoods plan to the White House; Kennedy told him he would never authorize a U.S. military invasion of Cuba. A few months later in the midst of a Senate investigation into right-wing extremism in the military, Kennedy removed Lemnitzer from the military's top spot.

It has been shown that President John F. Kennedy personally rejected the Northwoods proposal. Kennedy also took steps to bring discipline to the CIA's Cold War and paramilitary operations by drafting a National Security Action Memorandum (NSAM) which called for the shift of Cold War operations to the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the U.S. Department of Defense as well as a major change in the role of the CIA to exclusively deal in intelligence gathering.

JFK criticized the Secret Government, Secret Societies and RFK talked about the Shadow Government

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think". -Adolf Hitler

Wow Linda there is a lot there to really think about, I appreciate that!

Sorry it has taken me some time to reply, but I will certainly be looking into what you have said, thanks!

Oh, and I love the Hitler quote, so very true.

There are reasons for our economic woes (bad trade agreements, deregulation, an economy fabricated out of nothing etc.) but one of the primary causes is the same as what caused the American Revolution in 1775. King George III's refusal to allow the American colonists to produce their own interest-free money, and that caused the American Revolution. International Bankers controlled the money supply in England, and they controlled the country. England was experiencing terrible conditions people were homeless, but the English colonies in America were experiencing phenomenal prosperity. This prosperity was because the Colonies issued their own paper money called 'Colonial Scrip' their own paper money, and the colonists controlled its purchasing power with no interest to pay. When the English bankers found out about this they had the British Parliament pass a law which prohibited the Colonies from using their scrip money, and made it mandatory that they use gold and silver money that was provided by English bankers. This brought the hardship of debt-ridden money on America; it has been ever since. It is the biggest threat to our national security, and our future as a sovereign country.

The first law was passed in 1751, and then a more restrictive law in 1763. One year after the prohibition on Colonial money the Colonies were filled with unemployment and beggars, there was not enough money to pay for the goods, services and employment, and Americans buying power was cut in half. This was the primary cause of the American Revolution, not the tax on tea or the Stamp Act, as it has been taught in our history books.

Ben Franklin, wrote: "The Colonies would gladly have borne the little tax on tea and other matters had it not been the poverty caused by the bad influence of the English bankers on the Parliament, which has caused in the Colonies hatred of England and the Revolutionary War."

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation then by deflation, the banks and the corporations will grow up around them, will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."---Thomas Jefferson, The Debate Over The Recharter of the Bank Bill, (1809)

JFK had plans to abolish the Federal Reserve System, which prints worthless money backed by nothing and charges interest on it, making us a debtor nation to a group of international bankers.

He wanted to use United States Notes, and he signed a presidential document, called Executive Order 11110, on June 4, 1963. This gave JFK, as U.S. President, legal clearance to create true money, that would belong to the people, and eliminate the Federal Reserve Bank, and their false money.

Does anyone have any confirmed mistakes or falsehoods for any of the information presented in the religion portion of Zeitgeist? I don't want to rely on any of it as a data source until I've vetted it.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

ACA members! It's time to renew your ACA membership. You can do so online if you log in and then click here or check your e-mail for alternate instructions. Thanks for supporting the ACA.

The after-the-show meetup after the Atheist Experience TV Show has moved to El Arroyo, 1624 W 5th St.