User Name:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Experience
The Tinkerbell effect

This is referring to when the children are asked to clap and believe in Tinkerbell, so that she does not die. I am not sure what this is called, so I will refer to it as the "Tinkerbell effect". Isn't this what most religious people think, that because I can believe it it must be real? This to me is how theists argue, for example William Lane Craig. He presupposes a god exists or that supernature exists without ever demonstrated it. He tends to fall into this way of thinking and thinks words-- logical arguments-- is evidence enough for the existence of said things. Also, when will people start correcting his use of "historical facts" when referring to the resurrection of Jesus and the empty tomb. I find the unwillingness or incapability to address these issues properly during his debates damaging to our side. Making condescending remarks and nonchalantly ignoring the ridiculousness of his claims and/or not addressing them is why he people think atheists can not beat him.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

From the officers:

The ACA Lecture Series continues Sunday, October 11th at 12:15pm in the Austin History Center, 9th and Guadalupe. The building opens at noon. Texas Freedom Network's Dan Quinn will give us an update on their activities. The lecture is free and open to the public.