User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Experience
George Carlin quoted on ep #758

Did anyone else notice that the caller who claimed to be a sun worshipper (whom Jen ousted as a fake) actually stole his whole bit on the sun word-for-word from George Carlin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o&t=04m17s

Yeah, I'd have to say, definitely a fake!

I came here to say the same thing. That idiot is just quoting, very badly, George Carlin. Either he is a charlatan or a moron.

From: LJVillanueva I came here to say the same thing. That idiot is just quoting, very badly, George Carlin. Either he is a charlatan or a moron.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

EVERYONE noticed that. The TAE inbox is filling up with people who think they're the first to notice it. The other half of Rei from Tacoma's parody came from a Neil de Grasse Tyson lecture.

Here are my thoughts on the show:

Over all a good episode, although there were some places for improvement in terms of the tone the hosts set.

The announcement about the Youtube channel was necessary & helpful, but it could have been done in a nicer, more professional manner. I can sympathize with how frustrating it must be for the show crew, but insulting or talking down to the people that want to watch their show and make comments on it was not productive. They should have focused on the bing channel and invited people banned from the Youtube channel to comment here.

They were basically Ok with the caller Bobby, but I found them to be a bit impatient with him. About mid-call they start to regularlly cut him off in midsentence to while complaining that he is interupting them, culminating in putting him on hold, then ending the call by calling him "silly". Calling someone a name does nothing to explain while his ideas are wrong.

The confrontation of the caller Rei seemed basically justified. Again, I am not sure what it does to dismiss someone by calling them silly. Better to explain why he was suspected of being a poe. If he was a real poe, then of course it was the right thing to do.

The rest of the calls went well. Friendly & informative. Overall, it was a good show.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

ustream.tv

Join us for the Bat Cruise Lecture, 1:15pm September 27th at Trinity United Methodist Church, at 40th and Speedway. Lecturers will be Richard Carrier and Chris Johnson.

The ACA Bat Cruise is set for Saturday, September 27th, 6-8pm. Purchase tickets in advance here.

The audio and video from Dr. Shahnawaz August lecture is now available.