User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

General Discussion
On Christians and masturbation?

I'm just really curious on what thoughts, maybe gossips or memories, experiences this subject brings to you?

I have a lot of one can say super devoted Christian-Protestant friends. They are good fellows and girls, but they always judge me for having sex even though it was in serious long term relationships or try to shoot me down when I defend masturbation as pretty natural thing.

Could it be true they never tempted to masturbate? Could it be they never think of someone sexually or desire em? I don't believe them as examples, but if they are lying why so? I made it clear, that I'm never going to be a Christian for years. I just can't imagine somebody not touching themselves, at the age of 18-23 even once in a looong while.

Another thing and last for now. Why is the Bible so popular? Why did it withstand time so much, and people like them find it inevitably the word of God himself through people? They think it is full of self-evident truths everyone can check. That, the people are not able to write something as wise as Bible, without the help of God. I told em, it didn't fell from Heavens either, and that even though I've read it where are those amazing awe inspiring things in there?

So there comes faith they say, you have to have a spirit to read it properly. I was like seriously? It is all there in black and white many times for me to read it. How and what for can people be so delusional, and honestly not notice it? I'm really curious.

Thanks for your time, just needed to get it of my chest somewhere!

Let me tell you something that will make you think!

Why is a hit song a hit song?

The reason why is not what most people tend to think! The reason (which has been found out in a number of university studies) is because the people that hear the song, think other people will like it! Not because of any other reason than that. You can apply this to most decisions that people make. They do things because of how other people will percieve them, and not because they have given it much thought, or assighned a "personal" value to it. How many of these people have read the Bible from cover to cover? Not many, if any. Just remind them of how awful the stories in the bible are, in other words learn it, and memorize the best parts! It is the best defense to be a non christian, if there ever was any!

Wait does that mean we're all atheists because we think other people will agree that religious claims are nonsense?

Quote: "I have a lot of one can say super devoted Christian-Protestant friends. They are good fellows and girls"

That's great news :) As long as they don't push their unfounded beliefs onto others?

Quote: "but they always judge me for having sex..."

Oh dear. Maybe you should 'judge them' for not having sex or masturbating! Wow they must be really highly strung. Anything could set them off. I'd say stay away from them (and also watch for wet patches on their pants, since its coming out if they like it or not!) Mind you, I suppose there are people who are just not sexually aroused, at all for years and years. Very sad they are missing out on all this fun :)

Quote: "Could it be true they never tempted to masturbate?"

Very unlikely. But with a lot of self control, I suppose anything is possible. Again, either they lack sexual desire, or they are lying (most likely option). Because even with self control, there are just too many questions: If they wake in the morning with a boner, do they just wait until it goes away/ (for years?) Do they ever have any uncontrolled discharge? Since that's a natural fact of the body, unless of course they truly are not 'sexual' at all? Poor wife, that's sad. Maybe they need to seek medical advice. They could have a problem. Have you noticed if they are very moody at times? Like ALL the time? Lol

Quote: "I just can't imagine somebody not touching themselves, at the age of 18-23 even once in a looong while"

Me either. But more of a concern is when they were younger too. Since its NATURAL then I suspect they use to do it? But now don't? OMG, do they smell bad?

Quote: "Why is the Bible so popular?"

Its crazy I know. There are people here that will provide very clear in depth answers to this from past to present. But in my view its ONLY for the following reasons: People are scared to die. Its easier to say God did it. It helps the old and sick (and children) feel safe Its a great way for corrupt minded and misguided people to control others!

Quote: "I told em, it didn't fell from Heavens either, and that even though I've read it where are those amazing awe inspiring things in there?"

Actually no. People wrote it. Even Christians agree with this. Although they say the God told them what to write > Word for word !!! OMG That was a long time of hearing voices and no one was there. Truly madman wrote this thing. (as well as stealing stories before even Jesus was born! As for the 'miracles' of the bible. I've always said that if you saw a man turn water into wine and walk on water and heal the blind etc etc etc, Would you really crucify him, just to get your own political power back? VERY unlikely. Personally I'd keep this Merlin around, just in case I went blind (from masturbating all the time LOL) No, even the people back then didn't think this Jesus performed these miracles. Since there weren't any!

Quote: "So there comes faith they say"

Oh, I try to lean on fact and evidence and use my brain. Faith in a 2000 year old story, mainly written to help children do the right thing or be burned. Just seems awfully silly to me. Live and learn :)

Quote: "just needed to get it of my chest somewhere"

Yes, still I feel all questions should be answered. Sorry for the wait.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

ACA members! It's time to renew your ACA membership. You can do so online if you log in and then click here or check your e-mail for alternate instructions. Thanks for supporting the ACA.

The after-the-show meetup after the Atheist Experience TV Show has moved to El Arroyo, 1624 W 5th St.