User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

General Discussion
The times in which we live

I am not usually accepting of what people say about biblical prophecy and last days stuff, but reading the news papers and watching news on TV it seems to me that there is something weird going on here. We have this nonsense in Syria going on with Russia dead set in sticking with them and the US sending ships over to the Persian Gulf. I read an article today in which the author was wonderstruck with the European Union and its determination to stay together. It reminds me of the world mesmerized with the Beast, which people believe is the New Roman Empire. This could be all coincidence but I am beginning to think that my worldview may be smaller than I thought it was. If you listen to evangelicals they all think this is it and they have the scriptures on their side. Could it be possible that the absurdity found in the Bible is actually true and we doubters are the ones mistaken? I just thought about the existentialists and the claim that with out God the universe is absurd. It seem absurd either way doesn't it?

Well, I guess I'll be the one the only one to respond here. I think that it may not be what you expect. Although if the prophecies are coming true, as you believe then these event may be leading to future fulfillment of the prophecies, but I doubt it. No, one can agree on any of the last days players not that means it won't happen, but still. I am not a believer, but I do think of myself as open-minded to the possibility that we are playing out "something" and that-- as you said-- find the scriptures absurd. I have read in 1 Corinthians-- I think-- that the "message of the cross is absurd to those who will perish" or something like that. I am not sure either way. There is too much that I don't know and I find it pointless to convince others of what I believe is true. There seems to be faith and dogmatism on both sides. As far as the absurd universe with or without god goes, I do find that interesting. It is sort like a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I think people whether they are religious or non-religious are crazy and are biased. People believe in things and are almost geared to believe and defend those beliefs. I guess we will have to wait and see. Based off some videos on Youtube by pretty well known apologists they think that the end times generation is coming to a close by 2018 or 2028.

The great thing is that we are in the last days and all the scoffers will see the coming of the Lord. It is too bad that many on this show are former believers but have been duped into believing the lie. The prophecies are being fulfilled and these poor unfortunate souls are willfully ignorant of it an do not care. So, they will be turned away by God and they only have themselves to blame. These apostates chose to turn their back on God and then have the audacity to judge The Judge. All the earthly wisdom in this world will not save them from their chosen fate. This is what it says in the Bible that will come to pass in the last days. So, scoff if you like but the truth will set you free.

No, it doesn't seem absurd. Look at the current patterns in climate and weather with the increasing seismic activity. There is increasing hostilities in the Middle East and the area of the Roman Empire is not coming together under free trade agreements that include the EU and European Neighborhood Policy members. Remember, only this who believe in Christ will understand what is to come. We see it as clear day. And as mentioned already those who do not believe who remain apart from God because of their pride and sin and are perishing think it's foolish. They think that just because they can understand or explain things having natural causes or correlations that there is no underlying factor bringing it to fruition. In the last days there will be a strong delusion and a great falling away. We are seeing this now. There are some who believe that the next tetrad of blood moons will be a sign of the end and that we are entering into the final years. But, of course that is conjecture and trying to warn dedicated atheists/ naturalists will only get you laughed at, because they think they have the ability to know all mysteries yet forget Socrates in the process.

The Gospels writings in the New Testament were meant to support a divine Jesus. The goal of the Gospels was to make the Old Testament or (Hebrew texts) so-called "prophecy" confirm the divinity of Jesus. Even though the name Jesus and His divinity was not decided upon until Council of Nicaea 325 A.D.

Matthew was written at least 40 years after the alleged lifetime of Jesus. Up to this point no other text mentioned the Virgin birth or Jesus. The Prophecy of the Virgin Birth in Matthew 1:22-23 quotes Isaiah 7:14 which was written 700 years before Jesus was born. Isaiah was not writing about a virgin birth, it was a young woman, and it was not prophecy. The woman was pregnant at that time.

"If the quote is examined in context, it is easy to see that the young woman of the prophecy was Isiah's wife, or concubine and it was the birth of her son, or the promise of it, that was being offered to King Ahaz as a sign that God would protect his kingdom from its enemies." "No Holy Night" by M. R. Gates (1997).

So, if the story in Isaiah 7:14 was really a prophecy about Jesus it would have been the longest pregnancy (700 years) in the history of the world. That would be the real miracle, which everyone overlooked! The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" (the Hebrew for a young woman) as giving birth. The word "alma" but was translated as a "virgin" by the New Testament authors. The idea of mortals being impregnated by gods came from the first century pagans.

The Messiah is prophecized as coming from the line of King David. So, the apologists claim that Jesus traces himself back to King David through his mother Mary, who allegedly descends from David, in the third chapter of Luke. There is no evidence that Mary descends from David. The third chapter of Luke traces Joseph's genealogy not Mary's. Even if Mary can trace herself back to David, that doesn't help Jesus, since tribal affiliation goes only through the father not the mother. Numbers 1:18 - Ezra 2:59

Some apologist attempt to fix this problem by claiming that Joseph passed on his genealogy by adopting Jesus. The reason that doesn't work is because Joseph could not pass on by adoption something that he doesn't have. Joseph descended from Jeconiah (Matthew 1:11) he fell under the curse of that king that none of his descendants could ever sit as king upon the throne of David. (Jeremiah 22:30; 36:30) According to the Bible, the Messiah must be a descendent of David through his son Solomon II Samuel 7:14, I Chronicles 17:11-14, 22:9-10, 28:4-6. Luke 3:31 does not support the alleged prophecy since it describes lineage of David's son Nathan, not Solomon.

The word Messiah is a translation of the Hebrew word Mashiach. The word Mashiach means anointed. Exodus 29:7, I Kings 1:39, II Kings 9:3 refers to an anointed King. The Jews were waiting on a King not a savior/god.

Isaiah 53 clearly refers to the Jewish people (not a savior/god) being "bruised, crushed and as sheep brought to slaughter" at the hands of the nations of the world. These descriptions are used throughout the Old Testament (Hebrew Scripture) to illustrate the suffering of the Jewish people. Isaiah 53 is about the Jewish people, the nations will recognize and accept responsibility for the unjust suffering and death of the Jews.

The Bible says that the Messiah will build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28). Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6). Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore" (Isaiah 2:4). "God will be King over all the world on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9). No one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King. There is no concept of a Second Coming in the Torah. The Torah states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deuteronomy 13:1-4). The hypothetical Gospel harmony does not hold up since the New Testament has Jesus mocking Jewish piety and throughout the New Testament Jesus contradicts the Torah. Jesus also killed children for the sins of their mother Revelation 2:23 Jesus "I will also kill her children". The Old Testament says "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin." (Deuteronomy 24:16), so Christianity is false. In the Hebrew Scripture (Old Testament) human sacrifice is expressly forbidden.

There was never just one Christianity; there were many sects of Christianity in Rome, dozens of competing son/sun of god cults. The whole story was assembled to try to unify a fragmented and fractious messianic religious movement. Orthodox Christianity remained unpopular for centuries and persecution was necessary to impose it on the people. There are many books that were in circulation at the time of the Council of Nicaea, and these were discarded because they did not fit the agenda of the Church of Rome. Only four Gospels were put in the New Testament in 325 AD.

Biblical scholars and historians know that the Gospels, the source from which what we are told of the life and teachings of Jesus is drawn, are highly unreliable. Josephus mentions one Saul as having acted as an intermediary in inviting the Romans to attack Jerusalem; Saul of course was the name of St Paul before his conversion. In these circumstances, it would be entirely in order for Christian scribes to shift the blame for the death of James from Paul to the Jews. Otherwise it would be a major problem if St Paul and his followers assassinated James, supposedly the Lord's brother, in the Temple.

If people that believe this is Bible prophecy and live in fear of myths that are not true should try looking for answers in more than one book. The Bible is not the flawless inspired word of god, it's the work of liars and forgers. Bible Prophecy did not come from ancient texts or those who could interpret the words of ancient texts. "The Abomination of Desolation" in Daniel actually refers to the Selucid King Antiochus Epiphanes, who plundered the Jewish Temple and sacrificed an unclean swine to the Greek God Zeus in 170BC. This is historical fact agreed upon by most reliable historians and Biblical scholars. The ignorant clergy turned it into biblical prophecy "But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judea flee to the mountains" (Mark 13:14)

You don't think the bible fell from heaven in the form of one book do you? "If we must die let us die sober!"

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv