ACA Adopts a Street
January 23, 2007
We will participate in the Keep Austin Beautiful Adopt-A-Street program. The program allows organizations to contribute to the community by keeping litter down on Austin streets in exchange for a KAB sign, bearing the organization's name. Our sign will proudly proclaim a bit of Burnet road (between West Anderson Lane and Ohlen Road) for the Atheist Community of Austin. The sign should be up in a couple of weeks. Board Member Joe Zamecki originally set up our participation. Shelley Roberts is now coordinating the monthly effort.
Several times a year, we will have a group outing to pick up trash and help the greater community. On pick-up days, volunteers should meet at the Jack-in-the-Box on the Northeast corner of Burnet and Anderson. The effort lasts about an hour and the group goes out for a meal afterwards. Bags and gloves will be provided. Pick-up dates are:
Watch this space for further information, or contact the organizer, Shelley Roberts.
- Saturday, February 17, 2007 at noon
- Saturday, March 10, 2007 at noon
- Saturday, April 28, 2007 at noon
- Saturday, May 19, 2007 at ll:00 am (new time)
- Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 11:00 am
- 3rd Saturday of the month at 11:00 am starting July 2007 unless otherwise noted below
Photos from past pick-up activities appear in our scrapbook pages.